Monday, February 18, 2008

STUPID SNOWBANK!

We native Minnesotans are known to go out in any weather. What, a blizzard? No problem! Visibility is low with blowing snow? No big deal! We just go slow and plunge ahead. (Unless we have a 4-wheel drive truck. Then we go fast!) We go on with our lives and go where we need to go.

Last Sunday was one of those days. It was not snowing, but you'd never know it, because the top layer of snow was blowing fiercely across the open fields. Mostly, the roads were blown clear, but there was an occasional drift. We had just left our house to go to church and were driving down our gravel country road: I saw the drift coming and told Robb to go around it--too late. We plowed into that drift. We had no trouble staying on the road, but I scolded Robb for going through it. He claimed he didn't see it coming. (I have my doubts about that!) The kids thought it was great fun to see the billow of snow, and so they chatted about it as we made our way to church. Robb didn't see the damage till later.

Now, I'd like to know if you have a "stupid snowbank" story....SARA?

4 comments:

Sara said...

You've got to be kidding me. My snowbank cost $863. How about yours?

Stiffler Family said...

Don't know yet. As you remember, the damage caused by the guy in the parking lot of Mementos came in at $1000, to be paid by his insurance. I haven't taken the van in yet to get that fixed, so now I need another estimate and then we'll get both fixed at the same time. That guy's insurance will pay for a rental car! YEA!

sara said...

Oh, I don't think I ever heard what the Mementos damage was going to cost...

Amy said...

Car repairs are the worst thing! I hate it! Our van is making a funny noise :-(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails