Tuesday, February 19, 2008

WARNING: Girl Talk Below!

Have you ever NOT hung up on a research marketing phone survey? The other day, I took one such call, and thought she was going to ask me a series of questions about my movie viewing. After all, the woman's first question was, "Do you have a dvd player?" But, then again, her accent was severe, so maybe I misunderstood her.
Her next question was, "Do you use pantyliners?" OK, what does THAT have to do with me owning a dvd player!?!
For the next 20 minutes I was subjected to such questions as,
"How many Panty Liners do you use? 3-7, 7-14, or 14-30 a month? Do you used pantyliners at the beginning of your period? Do you use pantyliners during low flow days? Do you use pantyliners as a backup for heavy flow days? Do you use pantyliners with tampons? Do you use pantyliners with maxipads?"
OK, I am VERY open about these things with my close girlfriends, but I have to admit, I think I was blushing. How dare she ask me such personal questions! But she continued, and for some reason, I didn't hang up!
"What brand of Pantyliners have you bought in the last month." (5 choices are given, including store brand) Me: "Ummmm. I don't remember." Researcher: "Which choice would you like me to record, ma'am?" Me: "Oh for heaven's sake, just put store brand!"
"Do you agree or disagree that the word, 'sexy' describes Carefree Panty Liners? Do you agree or disagree that the word 'flirty' describes Carefree Panty Liners? Would you agree or disagree that Carefree Panty Liners give you freedom to do whatever you want to do? Is that strongly disagree, mostly disagree or somewhat disagree?"
Really now, do they expect ANYONE to say that a pantyliner makes them feel sexy or flirty? I'm just wondering.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Too funny...was she serious?

Chantelle said...

can't stop laughing!
love your blog!