Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thanks, dear.

Robb decided to move the office home recently. He requested that I clean out my office this week to make room for him, so on Monday, though I was feeling under the weather, I began re-organizing. I like to make Robb happy, so I plunged forward. I cleaned out a bookshelf, found homes for decorative shoeboxes filled with sewing supplies, and relocated some scrapbooking stuff and old yearbooks. I emptied a small file cabinet and found a nook in a nearby closet for it to fit. I boxed the assorted papers on my desk, threw away old phone books, and took apart a piano keyboard to be relocated as well.
When Robb came home, I eagerly showed him the office and the progress I had made. He smiled and said, "Well at least it's clean...."
Um, what?
He continued, "Well, I was thinking today, and I don't think it's a good idea to have the office at home."
Thanks, dear.
Now, it's Thursday, we've all been sick all week, and I haven't finished returning my office to its previous state of slightly random order. Oh, well. If I wait long enough maybe he'll change his mind again.

2 comments:

Stiffler Family said...

To anyone wondering, yes, Robb knows about this post. His habit of changing his mind (or as he describes it, "thinking out loud") is a family joke.

Stiffler Family said...

I just need to figure out when he's done "thinking out loud" and come to a final decision!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails