Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cleanliness vs Creativity

I know they say children should be allowed to explore their creativity. Mostly I do. After all, I was allowed to make barbie clothes out of fabric scraps and mess up mom's entire laundry room with thread, pins and fabric bits. I was allowed to try every new craft idea that came out and mom graciously nagged me to clean up my creative stations around the house. So why is it so hard for me to allow my kids to make messes? Actually, now that I think about it, the allowing comes easy. The cleanup does not. I just don't like the result of creativity unless it is my own! How controlling of me. Yuck.Here are my kids and their three-roomed fort made out of three tipped over living room chairs and blankets. They are watching a PBS special about a National Geographic photographer. That part made me happy.

What you don't see is a snack haven on the other side of the fort: popcorn all over. I cleaned up the mess. And I wasn't happy about it.

1 comment:

Robert said...

It is payback time! Love you, Mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails