Wednesday, September 17, 2008

School projects

I am using a great history curriculum this year with lots of fun projects for the kids (and I) to do. The Story of the World starts at the beginning, and for four years, will follow the course of history to modern time. Here are a couple of pictures of what we've done:



How do we learn about history? One way is archaeology! This is our "dig." The kids buried items from our house and then we dug them up a week later.


This is our model of the Nile River. Notice the Pyramids and Sphinx. We will "flood" the Nile to water our "crops" just as the ancient Egyptians relied on the annual flooding to fertilize and water their crops near the river. Notice also the Delta region at the top, named for the Greek letter D which is shaped like a triangle...Yes, I am turning into a very smart homeschool mom! :)

1 comment:

Robert said...

I wish I could have done that when I was in school!