Friday, November 20, 2009

The Lake

While two of my kids were at piano lessons on Wednesday, I stopped by my parents house, the house I spent 21 years of my life at, and caught this scene. I first moved away from home the day I got married. How I missed waking up and eating breakfast to this view those first years! I think when you grow up near a lake, you just get water in your blood.  I've adjusted now, and am grateful to be surrounded by wide open spaces once again. But I still love to go home, a place of quiet, peace and security.
He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul.

3 comments:

Helga said...

What a beautiful sight!!! I grew up surrounded by ocean and I love nothing more than the ocean! The smell, the look, how calm it makes me feel and I love that when I am homesick I can look at the ocean and feel like I am close to home.

MamaBear said...

Looks GREAT K! SO peaceful and easy on the eyes. Are you using photobucket or flicker to make your pictures bigger?

smr said...

Man, I miss this too. And I hate being in the middle of the city when it storms, cause I can never see what's coming! I miss sunrises over the lake...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails