Saturday, November 21, 2009

My little sis

My sister began saying she wanted to be a missionary when she was about four years old. (I was 16 then, so I remember!)  She completed her Bachelor degree in May and has recently been accepted to work with Wycliffe in Bible translation, and is in the process of being placed. Please pray for her as she prepares for this next phase of her life. She is one amazing girl!

Laura's graduation


Below is a poem she wrote while completing her practicum in the mountains of Mexico. I've added a link to her Poem blog in my header.

The Village

A cloud still covers that mountain today,
The view from its village is hazy each way.
The people there live in darkness also
Not knowing the Light that dispels every woe.
Their name means "people of the rain,"
Yet they know not the God who cleanses each stain.
They love, and yet they know not Love;
They're happy, and yet, can they know true joy?
Oh, Abba, come, touch these people today;
Break into their village, their hearts to stay-
Bring joy from above, and life from on high.
Redeem their souls, to Your love draw them nigh.

1 comment:

Helga said...

Wow your sister is amazing, her poem is beautiful!!! I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.