Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Pecan Pie

Three posts in a day? That's almost annoying!

But Thanksgiving is coming, and today is Tuesday, which I sometimes call Tasty Tuesday for the purpose of sharing a recipe. Here is a family favorite. My husband especially requested it this year.



Pecan Pie

4 eggs
1 c dark corn syrup
1 c sugar
1 t vanilla
1/4 t salt
1 T melted butter



Mix above, then add 1 t vinegar

Pour in unbaked pie shell. (1 pie shell recipe: 1 c flour, 1/2 t salt, cut in 1/3 c regular crisco shortening, then add 3 T cold water, a little at a time.)

Add enough pecans to cover the top- 1/2- 1 c
Note: poke nuts down so the filling covers them or they will burn.

Bake 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees F.

Serve with real whipped cream. I'm hungry already!

1 comment:

smr said...

So Thad brought home a pecan pie he bought from a fundraiser. I looked at the box, and 1/8 pie = 520 calories and 69 carbs or something like that. I so can't have that right now. I'm only allowed a total of 60 carbs each at lunch and supper! But now you're making me want this. :) Isn't Grandma making one? I made it for Thad's family a few years ago and they liked it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails