Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cinnamon Dough Star


This delicate little star was a gift from a lovely friend Laila, who led a few of the first Beth Moore studies I did. She has since moved away from our area, so it is nice to have this little reminder of her and the things we learned together.

I found a recipe for cinnamon dough in my black folder of stashed away craft ideas. Does anyone else save their favorite pages out of their favorite magazines in tabbed three ring binders in the safety of page protectors? Please tell me I'm not totally crazy! When I need inspiration, or just the comfort of beauty, I pull out these binders crammed with creativity! This recipe is from Martha Stewart Living...

1 c cinamon
1/4 c applesauce
1/2 c white glue

After mixing, let stand one hour.
Roll out 1/4 inch thick. If the dough becomes too dry, spritz with water, if it's sticking, sprinkle with cinnamon.

Preheat oven to 200 F. Bake, flipping once, until dry, about 2 hours.
Or air dry on wire rack lined with paper towels for 24 hours, turning every 6 hours to keep them flat.
When dry, decorate with beads or glitter.





Now hop on over to MamaBear's blog and check out everyone else's special ornaments they are sharing for the 25 Days of Ornaments!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails