Friday, December 18, 2009

Grandpa, An Angel and Sawdust


This ornament is one of many handcrafted gifts my grandfather has shaped from wood over the years. A dollhouse, trucks and cars of various shapes and sizes, Christmas carolers, nativity puzzles, cupboards, quilt racks, custom picture frames, trivets; you name it, it was made in his shop. The delicateness of this item amazes me.
When I was young, and we visited my grandparents' home, sometimes grandpa would help us make our own projects in his roomy workshop. It was there that I made my mom a set of heart shaped napkin rings. That immaculate shop, with every tool's spot marked on the pegboard wall,  smelled of sawdust, varnish....and love.



This is day 18, but it's never too late to join the fun of sharing
what's on your tree!

2 comments:

Jenney said...

You had a very talented grandfather!

GapGirl said...

WONDERFUL!
XoxoGapGirl