Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Resources

I am still working on this list and will add links....pardon my construction....

The following is a list of resources I have found helpful and encouraging in my life. By posting this list, I do not pretend to have superior Biblical discretion as far as recommending Biblically accurate resources, as I only  graduated from a Bible college with a minor in Biblical studies. I have simply found these authors have good things to say that applied to me.

I may not agree with everything these authors promote, as I tend to believe no single person has complete, 100% correct theology or application. I must examine scripture for myself, letting no other lead me blindly in my faith. I follow Christ and Christ alone.

If an author causes me to hunger for God's Word more, that's good. If an author encourages me to obey God's Word, that's good. But the Word of God must be the final word.

This is not a comprehensive list, just a collection of books that I have read and have felt confident in recommending, one friend to another.

Parenting
Shepherding a Child's Heart-  Tripp
Instruction in Righteousness -  Forster
Creative Correction -  Welchel
Bringing Up Boys - Dobson
Treasuring God in Our Traditions - Piper

Marriage
Love and Respect - Emerson
Sacred Marriage - Thomas


Godly Dating
Passion and Purity - Elliot
I Kissed Dating Goodbye - Harris
Knight in Shining Armour -

Personal Growth
Wild at Heart - Eldredge
Captivating - Eldredge

Devotionals
My Utmost for His Highest - Chambers
Valley of Vision

Fun Reading
Mitford series - Karon

Finding Faith
Surprised by Faith - Bierle
Letters from a Skeptic -
____________

To Read to Children - Besides walking the talk in front of our kids, I have found reading biographies of amazing Christians is the second best of way of instilling faith in them.
Heroes of Faith
Journey to the Cross - Haidle
Child's Story Bible - Vos
Missionary Stories with the Millers - Martin
Wisdom and the Millers - Martin
The Light and the Glory for Children - Marshall and Manuel
The Legend of Valentine: An Inspirational Story of Love and Reconciliation - Bond and Tate

Homeschooling Books I've used
Considering God's Creation - Science
RightStart Math
The Story of the World
Learning Language Arts Through Literature
The Body Book

Sites:
DonnaYoung.org - Homeschool printables and resources
Starfall.com - Reading readiness games


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails