Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Sign of Joy


My friend Sarah made this for me a bunch of years back. I love that girl! We met at a homeschool conference when we were teens and she lived in a neighboring state, so we kept in touch.

We got a computer soon after meeting her. Those were the old days when the internet was something new and email was the latest communication fad. Our emails jetted back and forth....and saved us many a hand cramp from letter writing!

My twin and I took a road trip to help her cater her own graduation party. We made a dozen braided ham loaves, layered fruit cakes, veggie dip in cabbage flowers, and I picked roadside flowers for table centerpieces. And they were beautiful. We were a force to be reckoned with!

She was in my wedding and I was in hers. Soon after, she and her husband moved to our city and a few years later, we were enjoying play dates with our young children.

Being that my twin is named Sara, I call her my other Sarah sister. She is now living in China, her family has grown in numbers, and I miss her! But she is one of those friends that when we see each other again, we'll just pick up where we left off.

Thanks MamaBear for giving us all the opportunity to share our ornaments!

2 comments:

sara said...

You forgot to mention how the "force to be reckoned with" spilled hot mustard all over the church kitchen floor (that was you, I believe), and thought that making punch out of rainbow sherbet would be pretty.

Jenney said...

How fun to have a close friend like that! I love the ornament.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails