Friday, December 4, 2009

My Favorite Things

Another Ornament. Another memory.

Today's ornament was a wedding graduation present. It is Spode and was given to me by my parents' friends who were in my parent's Bible study group when I was a baby; I believe it was this Bible study and small group where my parents learned afresh God's desire for a relationship with them.

What I remember most about this family is staying at their house the night before my sister and I were flower girls in a wedding. We were eight. I remember their big house, sleeping in the playroom, rollers in my hair.

I remember pictures in my grandma's terraced backyard, all abloom with flowers. I remember tossing rice from satin roses.

For the wedding we wore white dresses with blue sashes. Satin sashes. Sara and I were two girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes.

Christmas and flowers and little girls. And relationships. With my Lord and His people. These are a few of my favorite things.




3 comments:

Gretta said...

What a gorgeous ornament and a precious memory to accompany it.

smr said...

Ok, I hate to tell you this, but that was actually a graduation gift. I got the Spode Christmas tree bank. Just put it out the other day. It kind of made up for that time in elementary school when you got the fur doll's coat and I got a pencil set from the same person. :P

Erin said...

Beautiful! I love that you're doing this. Our tree isn't up yet, but I like the idea of blogging special ornaments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails