Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Chocolate Covered Cherry Oatmeal


What can you make with these ingredients? Huh? Give up? Oh. I already gave it away! You're right. If you even like oatmeal a little, or chocolate or cherries, this is a healthy breakfast for you! Yep it's healthy. Even with chocolate!

You'll need:

1/2 c quick oats
3/4 c water

Microwave above for 1 minute.

Now mix in:

2 Tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips (NOT milk chocolate chips or the health value goes down)
1/4 Teaspoon vanilla
1/8 Teaspoon pepper
pinch of salt
dash of cinnamon
2 Tablespoons chopped dried cherries

I tweaked this recipe from one I found in the Flat Belly Diet book, but it still fits in their menu plan with around 400 calories and a MUFA (monounsaturated fatty acid). That's the chocolate working for ya!



2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ooooh yum! I'll have to give this one a try! :)

Michelle said...

Sounds like a winner to me! Can't wait to try it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails