Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cowboy Texture





Between laundry and schooling the kids and blog book editing, I am carving out moments to learn new things! Yesterday Robb worked late, the kids were busy watching movies and I had time to check out the texture tutorials on iheartfaces in preparation for this week's challenge.  I think this photo of my father-in-law is great with a couple textures, adding to the rough and tumble cowboy theme he had for our visit to Rawhide in Phoenix back in October.

I am also excited to report that I will no longer have any excuse for taking bad pictures! Any error from here on out will be operator error! I ordered a camera yesterday! Thank you Grandparents and Mom and Dad for the birthday money (way back in November) and Christmas money!

I learned a lot in that process too: be careful who you buy from online. That should be a, Duhhh, but  I've never had issues before, and tend to be trusting since we owned an internet store a few years ago and are currently developing another. I am for the little guys. But not everyone out there is worthy of my naive faith in them. Thankfully I ran into a few reviews of some sites I was contemplating buying from, but I won't give away any more than that! Look for the story soon, though!

Thanks iheartfaces for the challenges and tutorials and resources! I can't wait for my camera to arrive and begin playing and practicing!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails