Tuesday, January 5, 2010

i heart faces photo challenge

My goals this year include learning more about photography, reading the entire tutorial of Photoshop Elements ( I think I have the original version!), and ultimately buying a new camera. (Maybe I should consider an updated version of Elements as well!)

Up til this past year, I've used a Canon Powershot (A430 to be exact...old clunky point and shoot), but more recently, I've been stealing my husband's Fji Finepix S9000 and playing around with it. These pictures were taken when I first brought it home from his office and had no idea what I was doing! It is not a DSLR, and does not have image stabilization, (grrrrr), but I'm hoping that what I learn playing with it will only help me later when I buy a step up.

I've been entering the i heart faces challenges because they spur me on to try new things and learn more. I have no grand visions of winning any contest. To be honest, I am often frustrated with my photos, and I'm not sure how much of it is my lack of knowledge and how much of it is the camera I'm working with, and how much of it is that it's the middle of winter and I'm taking a lot of inside shots with minimal light.  Oh, so many excuses! Bahh!  Pretty sure the problem is mostly operator error! And I'm so impatient when learning something new....

Sooooo, I try and try again, read up as much as I can and keep posting what I have. Please bear with me. *Grin*

And forgive me, dear friends at i heart faces, for wasting your time on my humble entry!

I am submitting this photo into the I Heart Faces logo photo contest. By entering, I am granting I Heart Faces LLC permission to consider my photo(ha) for use in the marketing and promotion of their website.






6 comments:

MamaBear said...

You don't give yourself enough credit K! It took me a LONG time to learn how to make text look realistic. It isn't something that everyone can do well and I think you nailed it with these two!

Julia Spencer said...

Really good...

Life with Kaishon said...

I love your pictures. I am glad you try new things. You are very creative and fun! That is the best thing to do. Get out there and try new things. I totally slaughtered this weeks challenge as well!

Adeena said...

The second one is awesome!

Lee of MWOB said...

Awesome pics. I have heard of I heart faces and I need to get involved!! I have been looking for a blog re-focus and maybe playing around with some photography is it! Thanks for the inspiration and I look forward to meeting you this week at Cupcake!

Lee

Crystal Rae said...

These are great. Love the side walk one. :P

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails