Friday, January 1, 2010

New Niece, New Year, New Mercies

 

Welcome Victoria Grace!
Daughter to my twin sister.
You make me an aunt,
and I couldn't be more thrilled!

 

**********
Today, we glance back, evaluate, and then look forward with expectation and resolve.
Today marks the beginning of a new year.
May we not, however, misconstrue this January first as the best time to begin afresh.

We may fail in our resolve.
In our goals.
Maybe even in our lack of faith.

But Christ's mercies are new every morning.
 
Lamentations 3:22-23
"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
       for his compassions never fail.
     They are new every morning;
       great is your faithfulness."

3 comments:

MamaBear said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! Such perfect features! And how considerate of her to come a little early so you can come to Cupcake '10!

Corinne said...

Oh so precious! Makes me want to pour over my kids baby pictures :)
(I came over via the Cupcake '10 site, though I'm not going... I'm delirious w/ envy of those who are! Have fun!!)

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

She's so pretty!
Love her name :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails