Monday, February 22, 2010

The Best Birthday Party Ever

On Wednesday I was panicked. I had agreed to throw my daughter a birthday party, but had NO IDEA what I was going to do to make it special. I had three days to come up with something. So I did what we all do now.

I Googled it.

And once again, Google came through for me. I found recipes and ideas for a spa party. One box of Epson salt and sea salt, a borrowed chocolate fountain, some fruit, a chapstick making kit, a pound cake straight from my breadmaker, a cake my mom made and graciously offered me, some bottles of fingernail polish, a few Mary Kay mirrors,  and one Papa Murphy's pizza later, I had a success of a party. Just look and see for yourself.



The girls made bath salts, lip balm, and a cucumber-parsley-yogurt face mask.

Izzy: "Well, that was an interesting experience."


And of course, they did each others hair. And mine. (No pictures of that!)
Megan declared it, "The best birthday party ever." Thank you, Google!

5 comments:

Helga said...

That is so awesome!! I wish I had a girl :o(

The pictures look great and you did fabulous on the party! You Rock!

Anonymous said...

You are so creative! I should have taken a picture of you and your great hair--you too looked FAbulous Da-ling! :)
Lisa~

Kami said...

What a fun mom you are! I love it! Can I hire you for my next birthday party?! ;)

Alyssa said...

that looks like SO much fun - will have to keep that in mind for years down the road!

Jackie said...

what girl wouldn't love that? What a great idea for a birthday party .