Monday, February 1, 2010

Not me: Camera purchase

Last week I purchased a new camera. I searched the internet, researched models and found some deals. After a whole morning of reading reviews I found a steal of a deal and clicked order. The price seemed almost too good to be true.

Two days later. A guy calls from the internet site I ordered from and says there may be a problem. I think it is strange to be getting a phone call, but I do not see what is coming. Not me. I am not trusting and naive. Not me!

The man says they may not have the camera in stock. He asks what I know of the camera. He attempts to upsell me. But I am not about to buy his pitch. Not me. I begin to see his scheme. He claims the battery with the camera I ordered is no good and that I need to spend $150.00 more on a longer lasting battery. I state that I am not interested but he will not give up. Neither will I. Not me.

I state honestly that I need to do some research. I agree to call him back to update my order. I quickly scan the internet for information on Canon batteries and find he is charging twice the price for the upgrade battery. I am not about to fall for that. Not. me.

I call the seller. I refuse the upgrades. He in turn claims the camera is on back-order for 18 days. I cancel my order. He says he hopes he can help me in the future. I don't doubt that. But I won't be helped. Not me.

I begin to research sellers. I probably should have done this earlier. But I didn't. Not me. I'd never had troubles ordering online, so I am not as careful as is prudent. I find the seller I dealt with has a reputation that proceeds him. Phone calls, pressured up-sells and delayed shipping. I am so glad I canceled my order when I did.

Meanwhile, I order a lens from a more reputable company. A salesman calls me from this company too. He tries to sell me an upgraded filter kit and warranty. I am not spooked by my previous experience and following research. Not me. I refuse to be fooled again. Not me. Not gonna happen. I decide to cancel that order and buy a used lens from a friend.

I order my camera for $80.00 more than the too good to be true price from a  reputable company my family has ordered from in the past. I am not about to take a chance. Not me. There are times when you get what you pay for. And I will not succumb to my mistaken belief that the cheapest price is always the best deal. Not. me.

For more denials, head on over and visit Jennifer. This post has been shared on her site with others participating in:






1 comment:

recoveringprocrastinator said...

Good for you! I'm such a sucker for sales pitches and then always regret it. A reputable company is so worth the extra $80.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails