Thursday, February 25, 2010

Shaping up my Day

I’m always looking for new ways and systems to make our home school days run smoother. We tend to lose momentum, the kids and I are easily distracted and school drags on all day. One of the great things about doing school at home is, most days, at least in elementary school years, it is possible to be done by noon. But only if everyone works hard and stays on task. And if mom doesn’t get distracted by blogging. Ahem.
  
Yesterday I made a new check list. The previous list was too detailed, had a small font, and I think was overwhelming to little eyes. We quit using it months ago. Since that list bit the dust, I’ve foolishly expected my children to remember the work they needed to accomplish each day, and then ended up barking at them until it was. So I made a new list. Simple. A little thing.

Today began with new lists posted. And so far, my day is shaping up nicely.

  
  



 This post has been shared at I Should be Folding Laundry for You Capture. Today's focus is on shapes.


8 comments:

Jen said...

Very nice. I like that you did all black and whites.

sdwaard said...

Great images of tangrams. those are so fun to play with! I also like the structure of your list :)

Angela said...

Love it. The black and white is so nice. The schedule is a soothing thing for a routine, no?

Upstatemomof3 said...

I could use something like that. Somehing that actually has everything all laid out and clear about what we need to do.

shellycoulter said...

I loved tangrams when I was a kid. Well...I still do! :)

Glad you feel like you and the kiddos are being more organized. I don't home-school (two year old & 6 months) but I still like to organize my day with activities to be purposeful with my time at home and give the older one a routine.

Nice pictures!

WackyMummy said...

Love the b&w. =)

tinycandi said...

great job! i love the expressions in the last two pictures...so cute!

Lena said...

Wonderful captures, love the last shot! What a cute expression.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails