Sunday, February 14, 2010

Victorian Valentine Adornments... and then some

 
Supplies laid around the house, begged to be made of use...
Antique postcards that have been hiding away for 20 years inspire a window treatment.


  

  
 

    you can just ignore that really long red string....scissors, coming right up

 

Love, Light.

And this is how we know what love is: 
Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.  
And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.
1 John 3:16

~


Lest you think our home is a quaint quiet atmosphere of children happily sketching and joyfully helping me in my decorative endeavors, let me tell you how it went when I tried to make this day special.

I prepared pink heart shaped pancakes, called the children down to breakfast, and eagerly awaited their excited exclamations of joyous delight in the Valentine breakfast.


 Instead, I heard cautious and suspicious voices ask:

"What makes them  pink?"
"Did you add flavoring?"
"Do they taste the same as usual?"
"Are you sure you didn't add something?"
"Did you say fruit coloring?"

Now, really, am I that awful a mom that my children think I would ruin a holiday breakfast? Give me some credit kids!

In their defense, when I explained I had only added food coloring, they happily stuffed their mouths. And suggested that on St. Patrick's day we have green four-leaf clover pancakes....

And then they proceeded to fight over the last three of MY specially-delivered chocolate covered strawberries.

Hmmph. Laying down my life. One strawberry at a time.


3 comments:

Queen Jolene said...

Cute!

Corinne said...

I love the decorations - what a fantastic idea.

citymouse said...

Beautiful decorations. Thanks for keeping it real.