Friday, March 12, 2010

Glimpses of Home


I've been reorganizing, taking a fresh look at how my home is arranged and making little adjustments. Call it spring cleaning. Or boredom. Or following too many home decor blogs!

I took this picture after I split the bookshelf in half. The wall needed balancing, so the bottom half stayed and the top half got turned upside down,(so the trim on the bottom of the shelf mirrored the other) and put on the other side of the window. It works. The tops are unfinished so I need to add a table runner on top of each, but with generous littering of pictures frames, the rough finish is not too noticeable.


This picture sums up the sources of all the furniture in my house.

Table: garage sale
Chair: gift from my parents when Mitchell was born. It was my nursing chair.
Bookshelf: free from my aunt

I'm sure I could find more to say about my decorating style, and why I still have a flowered couch, but in an effort to keep this short and sweet, I'll end it there!

For more Glimpses of Home, visit Chatting at the Sky.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love the picture but...I really love the color on the wall. :)

citymouse said...

The room looks awesome... and I love the wall color too. I almost never buy anything new (or at least full price) so I love that you did this on the cheap. (And I do mean this as a compliment!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails