Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Easter Tree


I did it! And I love it!

I printed off Ann Voskamp's Trail to the Nail Tree pictures and devotions,
one for me, and one for a friend, 
and while our kids played outside in the glorious weather today, 
we cut and pasted and chatted. 

And then we took our girls to dance,
and took a walk, enjoying the weather for ourselves, 
and then I cut these branches off her bush 
and came home and tied ribbon and hung pictures and eggs.

And now I'll go to bed,
happy to have something new and pretty,
that I made with my own hands.
But especially grateful for friends
and spring,
LOVE,
forgiveness,
and the 
cross.

For more DIY projects, visit A Soft Place to Land for DIY Day every Tuesday.




DIY Day @ ASPTL

3 comments:

MamaBear said...

How pretty! That's dogwood isn't it? I might have to spruce up one of our rooms with some of that.

Have a great weekend!

Theresa ♥ said...

Your Easter tree is beautiful! I've done something similar in November for Thanksgiving. Each day and dinner the kids would write down something they were thankful for that day (on fall colored construction paper leaves) and we would hang them on the branches with string.

Theresa ♥ said...

I stole your picture and used it on my blog. :-) I gave you credit though. I'm a polite thief.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails