Monday, March 8, 2010

Party On {Top}

We try not to be snobs, but some days we just can't help it. Especially Sunday mornings, our default mode is coffee snob mode. We know lovely people have worked hard to prepare coffee for the church, but our van drives, almost as if it had its own will, straight for the lovely local coffee shop. It's only a few blocks out of our way, and they have this heavenly drink of Rooibos red tea, white chocolate, honey and whipped cream with a sprinkle of cinnamon.

MMMmmmMMMmmmm.

If I could, I'd go there once a day. I'm not sure, but I think my husband succumbed to the lure daily in the not too distant past. We are trying to do better. We took Dave Ramsey's class. We know a daily coffee shop trip is not in our budget's best interest.

Knowing this, you won't be surprised at how thrilled I was when my friend gave me a gift of Tazo's Organic Vanilla Rooibos Tea Latte Concentrate. It tastes almost exactly like my favorite $4.00 drink. All I have to do is add milk and heat it up. Of course whipped cream on top never hurt either. I can grab a mug of happiness and pretend I'm at the Mill, enjoying their brew. The environment is not to compare, my house being considerable louder, and much less decorated, but my taste buds are more easily fooled than my other senses. And the price is just right.

When I was given the opportunity to do a little shopping for my readers, and offer a giveaway, you can now understand that after I looked at all the options, the kids bedding, home decor, etc., my eyes were drawn to cookware.com's chocolate mills.


Aha! Just the thing I would love for making my favorite drink at home! My mug of happiness lacked flourish. A party on top. Chocolate flakes sprinkled on the mountains of cream! 

Much better!

Except I'm not keeping these lovely gadgets. I'm giving them to one of you. So YOU can concoct your own mug of happiness. With a party on top.

Ways to enter:

  1.  Leave a comment on this post telling me what you like in your mug.
  2.  A tweet about this contest that includes a link to this post and an @ktinajoy. Leave a comment here letting me know you did.
  3.  Any new followers will also be counted as an entry. Come back and tell me here so we can be friends!
This giveaway will end Thursday, March 11th at 8pm. The winner will be chosen at random, using an integer generator and I will announce the winner that evening.

Thanks! And Party On! {Top}

I am being compensated in no way for this post. The compensation is going to the winner. Because that's way more fun!

20 comments:

Heather said...

OH YUM. That pictures...YUM :)

I love chai and any kind of tea and hazelnut coffee with whipped cream and...

yeah, I'm pretty much in love with hot drinks of any kind :)

darcie said...

yeah, hot drinks for the frozen tundra = necessity...
But I also love a good cold chai tea for our warmer months too!
What a cool way to keep the party going, at a fraction of the store brought price!
awesome!

Laura said...

What I love in my mug: chai, hot chocolate, or mocha, of course with a party on top! :)

Mary Lou said...

What I love most in my mug is tea. Loose leaf or bag, doesn't matter. What does matter is that it's black (don't really like herbal or chai) and strong. I drink it with milk and sugar, the British way. I'm not really a coffee drinker, except on special occasions. I have a cup every Sunday morning at our church from the coffee cart. I can't drink it black. Just like my tea it has to have lots of flavored creamer.

threewhitegomezes said...

What I love in my mug.....coffee! Until a retreat I went to last week I would reach for any ol' mug pour in my coffee and grab my square of chocolate @ 3! Well, a lot has changed in a week. Not only do I savor every sip but I learned so much about how pottery comes to be and how closely related I am to a mug because after all He is the potter and I am the clay. So this week I svor my sips and realize the work God does on me every day to make me a very yummy treat

Kaz and Amy said...

Whats in that mug looks amazing! My husband and I are the same way...Out church makes coffee but we always vear towards the coffee shop before we make it to church:) Those have become our Sunday morning dates! Have a great Monday!

amy[www.theprikazskys.com]

your other half said...

Our Sunday morning default is Super America - English toffee cappuccino for me. Then I sit and drink it and read the Psalms while I feed Victoria before church. It's my own quiet moment :)But the new drink I want to try at Caribou is caramel earl grey...yummy! I oughtta be able to make that one myself. At home lately it's hot chocolate with the leftover caramel macchiato creamer from when you guys were over...

MamaBear said...

In my mug right now is some of the organic brew from the Mill...yum! But as you know I'm a sucker for McDonald's coffee of all things.

margaret said...

I'd love a soy latte with either amaretto or cinnamon/hazelnut.

Corinne said...

I love love love chai lattes. And really any kind of latte... but mostly chai :)

citymouse said...

Oh man... what yummy goodness. I personally would put a caramel latte in my mug and sprinkle it with cinnamon or maybe chocolate or maybe both. (Can't get enough of a good thing!)

ajoemandy said...

I love me some hot chocolate underneath my party, underneath some shaved chocolate! It's really all about the chocolate for me!

Kami said...

Okay I totally want a party on the top! Even if I don't win, I want to purchase them for myself. I'm so very much into making my own beverages at home! :)

Looks fabulous!

Kami said...

And I tweeted about it, too! @kamrajoy

Anna said...

New follower here! stumbled across your blog and LOVE it. love. it.

personally, I'm a strong-coffe-with-frothed-milk in the mug my sweet sweet husband got me kind of gal. ;-)

Michelle said...

Hmmmmm... what I like in my mug. It's usually 1 of 2 things: 1)a mug of super-strong, puts-hair-on-your-chest-strong espresso. OR 2)peppermint mocha cappuccino.

Love your posts!
~Michelle Walls

Wolfe-pak said...

My fave in a cute travel mug from my mom (if I am frugal and make it myself) or a to-go cup from the Monkey is a Caramel Latte. There's just nothing I like better. I can try an like the Red Symphony as much but not really. :) Can't wait till I learn how to make a real Monkey one in the fall!

chinaowensfam@gmail.com said...

Oh how I love hot drinks - coffee, chai, strong tea with milk...

I love them so much I gave them up for lent - I was beginning to wonder if I looked forward to my quiet time more for the coffee or the Bible!

Julie said...

I am now a follower. Since a recent pregnancy and birth of my son it's decaf only in my mug. I found a good decaf folgers makes (lively columbian) and I add some flavored creamers to make me feel special. I do kind of miss the pick me up of the caffeine but I'll live till I stop breastfeeding. :)

Recovering Procrastinator said...

A chocolate mill? Never seen one before but now I must have!

I like chai lattes or caramel lattes the best but I also enjoy some breakfast tea, hot chocolate or hot cider from time to time. I am going to have to get some of this Tazo you are talking about.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails