Thursday, March 11, 2010

You Capture: Quiet

Quiet.
That's what I love about country life.
For a while now quiet has looked like this:


The wind whispers. The soft sound of snow blowing, drifting can almost be heard.
This profound quiet will soon give way to a peaceful drip, drip, dripping. 


And after the mud has dried, the sun returns and gives this country blooms.


The world will venture out of hibernation and the echos of cattle grazing across the fields will return.
This place is still.  Peace and quiet.

~~~~~
This is the last day for entering my giveaway
for a chocolate and cinnamon mill
to add flourish to your favorite drink!
Your chances of winning are good- only 16 entrants so far!
SO.... head on over and enter. NOW!
*grin*
~~~~~


PhotobucketThis has been another edition of 
You Capture: Quiet 
hosted by

9 comments:

Jess said...

Ah, so many things to love about living in the country. The peace and stillness are right at the top of my list too. Gorgeous shot of the apple(?) tree.

ohabbyreally said...

I love everything about that tree, great shot!

Jen said...

What beautiful pictures!

McMom said...

I love the rainbow! Beautiful.

sdwaard said...

Wonderful photos! They certainly give me a sense of quiet and tranquility.

Corinne said...

Beautiful photos!! I love the rainbow.

ToadMama said...

All three of your shots are gorgeous. I want to walk through that field under the rainbow.

Upstatemomof3 said...

Oh wow!! Gorgeous pictures!! I can almost see the Leprechauns pot of gold at the bottom of the rainbow.

patty said...

another beautiful, beautiful shots... you captured quiet so nicely!