Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Me Time

(cell phone pic)

We've been under the weather around here for almost 5 days. Robb and I have been, anyway. The kids are fine. Fine enough to think they run the house while the adults in the family nap and go to bed at 8:30pm. Unfortunately, school has taken second place to my rest. But we homeschool, so we can stretch it out until the end of June if need be, right? HA! Notsomuch.

A friend texted yesterday and asked about setting up a park playdate, and though I knew maybe I shouldn't because of how I've been feeling, achy joints and all, I couldn't say no. I checked the weather forecast and today was to be the nicest day for the next week. Around here, we soak up the sun as often as we can.

So we packed up and headed out to our favorite park. I'd made iced tea, but had no ice, so we detoured to McDonalds to pick up a cup of ice. And while we were there, who could resist a Frappe? Not me! I found my me time, just like the commercial promised. :)

No, really, my happy place was lounging on a cozy blanket and chatting with my friend, while the kids ran around under the warm sun. I think I even got a sunburn. I'm gonna burn these bugs right out me. 

Frappes, friends and freckles. Wonderful gifts.






I don't think it's necessary to say, but I will anyway. I am not being compensated for this post. I paid for my Mc Frappe with my own money. 
Just in case anyone cares. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails