Friday, May 28, 2010

On the Lake


When I announced we were going to Grandma and Grandpa's house for an afternoon of tubing, there was pandemonium at the farm. Shouting, cheering, and excited rushing to gather swim gear ensued. I smiled. I knew Grandma and Grandpa had gotten a new gigantic tube.


I think they spent more time on the tube than on the dock. Watching them laugh and motion their signal for grandma to take them over waves makes me happy. I loved growing up on the lake, and now my kids love the water too.


Airborn!.............Whoops!..........


Mom said she had perfected tube driving. And she's right. She gets the kids what they want. Waves! A bouncy ride.


Victoria had her first boat ride, wearing a life jacket my sister and I wore as toddlers on this same lake. It's a bit restrictive, but she handled it just fine. We are teaching her early to love the water spray, wind in the face, and soothing lull of the boat motor.


There's really not much better than a hot summer day spent on the water.


At least for this happy lake girl.


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails