Friday, May 21, 2010

White Bean Dip

This recipe is posted in honor of Lisa, who keeps asking me for this recipe, but actually has it in her own Flat Belly Diet Book, and remembering our recent picnic under the crab apple tree munching on Food Should Taste Good (yes, that's the brand) whole grain chips and this dip....Lisa- the beans I used for our picnic are in caps.  Love you girl!

...And in memory of a lovely mother daughter picnic at the MN Landscape Arboretum last night in which I fixed the ladies in my family a fabulous meal, if I do say so myself, which included this dip. :) Although, I forgot my camera which I had remembered to charge. Go figure. All those lovely flowers....sigh. I guess I'll go drown my sorrows with this dip. Ha!

White Bean Dip

1 can (or 1 1/2 cups) cannellini, NAVY, or great northern beans, rinsed and drained.
1 large clove garlic
1 T lemon juice
2 t white wine vinegar
2 springs flat leaf Italian parsley (or 2 T dried)
2 Basil leaves (or 1 t dried)
1 t Dijon mustard
1/4 t dried oregano
red pepper flakes

Puree above in food processor


add and puree again:
3/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Good with whole grain chips, veggies....these are my favorite!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails