Friday, June 25, 2010

Birthday Boat Day

Today Mitchell turns 11. Man, time flies! He is now in our church youth group. How is this possible?

His party was yesterday, at Grandma and Grandpa's house on the lake.  He and four of his friends went tubing and swimming and I had the easiest birthday party to host ever. My dad drove the boat, I rode along and then got my own turn on the tube, we had watermelon on the dock, and Dairy Queen cake on the deck.

Unfortunately, I forgot my fancy camera, so you are stuck with what I captured with my cell phone.

the middle and lower deck

The boys discovered it is just as fun to fall off the tube as to stay on. Then they discovered how difficult heaving yourself back on the tube is when you are in the middle of the lake.

They later convinced Megan and Madison to fall off on purpose and as the boat circled to pick the girls up, the boys cheered them on and gave them thumbs up for a risk well taken.


A fun time was had by all.


The third week of June is crazy with birthdays and our anniversary and Father's Day, so as I planned Mitchell's party, I was making reservations for a B&B and preparing for Robb's party. He turned 40 on Saturday! We've been prepping and mowing and weeding and scavenging the farm for rustic decor. Frugality and the threat of rain were inspiration to convert a corn crib into a party room. I can't wait to show it to you!

I promise to use my good camera!