Thursday, July 29, 2010

Filed Under Grace : July




Let's gather together and bring praise to the One whose love is extravagant, whose compassion is never failing. Whether it be a prayer answered, or a desire He knew and answered before you could even ask, would you share it here and encourage the community?

Click the logo for rules and link your answered prayer below!


~

We packed up the camper, filled the kitty dish with food, and, stocked with bug spray, we scootted off in the direction of relaxation.

When we got back, kitty was gone.  I suppose that is the risk of keeping a cat outdoors and deserting him for four days. But this is a stray that found us, so we trusted he would be alright. He is a cat, after all. They've got nine lives, right?

The kids called for him, and I called for him, and he was a no show. I can't believe I did it, but I asked God to send him back. He was a good cat, gentle to rough hands and and unfazed by being hauled around and walked about on two paws. He was perfect for us.

We got home on a Monday. On Wednesday we were walking though Target and as we passed the cat food, Megan reminded me we needed more.

"Megan, kitty is gone. I'm not buying more food until he comes back. But I asked God to bring him back, so we'll see."

"You prayed for kitty, Mom? Thanks!"

I should have expected it. Sure enough, Thursday morning kitty was at his post on the front stoop. A bit skinnier, but no worse for wear.

I think I will finally take him to the vet to get checked out and get him tags. So we don't loose him again. And when we leave on our next trip, I'll have someone come feed him.

Thanks, Lord for caring for your children....and even their cats.

~

Look at the birds of the air  
{and the cats of the barnyard}; 
they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, 
and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. 
Are you not much more valuable than they?
Matthew 6:26

the Kristina version, 
the Bible ad libbing you can blame on my father





LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails