Saturday, October 30, 2010

Filed Under Grace - October

It's the end of the month, already! Around here, this is the time to look back on the month and remember what we've been praying for and how God has answered. He always answers. But how? Did He surprise you with something different but better than what you asked? Or was his answer a peace in the midst of a continued struggle?  He deserves praise no matter what.


I'll make a list of God's gracious dealings, 
all the things God has done that need praising,
All the generous bounties of God…
— Compassion lavished, love extravagant…

Isaiah 63:7-8
The Message


Just yesterday, I was rummaging through my bedside table drawer, the one that holds miscellaneous magazines, journals, and books that got swept off the top to clear the clutter. I found an old prayer journal that I'd forgotten about since 2007.  A reoccurring entry was a prayer request for a friend who was in the process of pursuing the adoptions of three specific Chinese children. Now, if you know anything about Chinese adoption, you know what an impossibility I just stated. Three. Specific. Chinese. Adoptions.

For three years her family cried and waited and prayed.

We all prayed, knowing God COULD do it. But WOULD He?

They felt led. Yet who doesn't struggle to understand the will of God in waiting?

Sometimes we doubt we heard right. We trust His promises. We seek His will and not ours. We die to self and dreams and hopes. And then.

God's will is done.

Well, let me tell you what He did! NOTHING is impossible with God! Just this month (or was it last month already?) all three kids adoptions were completed in a whirlwind tour of paperwork. And if that isn't enough to make me excited, though they used to live across the ocean, they are now living near me!

I cannot wait to hug my friend's neck and meet her "new" kids and rejoice with her!

What is God doing in your life? Has he answered a longing of your heart? A prayer? Please check out the rules, link up and share! I'd love to hear your story!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails