Sunday, October 3, 2010

Twin Cities Harvest Festival & Maze {and Molly}

When I was in fourth grade my sister and I switched schools. We were a little afraid, going to a new place with new kids, kids that had probably known each other since kindergarten. We came in as outsiders.

 Skipping on the Hay Bale Maze

 Corn Pit

We found our lockers and desks and eventually found friends. One of them was Molly. She was crafty and artistic and kind. We were sad the next year when she did not return to school. Her family started homeschooling.

 
 Cutie Patutie

 Maze Entrance and Fun Stuff

We stayed in touch through snail mail, the only kind then, and an occasional phone call using my dad's metro line we had for his work. We had sleepovers and she introduced us to Anne of Green Gables and we dreamed of houses and kids and finding our "Gilbert Blythes".

  Mitchell leads us in following the map. Thad's got the girls. Sara's slinging it.

And then Sara and I talked our mom into homeschooling us too, just like Molly! (My mom would say there was much more to the decision than that, but this is my version!) We went to homeschooling conventions and conferences together, and dreamed some more of houses and husbands and kids.


 Made it!

It's been 25 years since we met, and our dreams have each come true, but we don't see each other as often as we'd like because life is busy with houses and kids and our "Gilberts" named Bert and Robb and Thad!



A couple weeks ago, our family trekked up 169 to visit Molly and her family at their Twin Cities Harvest Festival & Maze. If you have a chance, go visit them! They are a great family, and I love supporting family owned businesses!





 The Twin Cities Harvest Festival & Maze is located in Brooklyn Park right off 169 and is open Saturdays and Sundays for the rest of October. See their website for details, directions, attractions and pricing.

Disclosure: I did not receive anything for free for posting this. We paid for our tickets and mini doughnuts and roasted corn. I am sharing this with you because Molly is my long-time "bosom" friend and we had fun at her family's maze and I hope those of you who live in the area will go too!




4 comments:

Saramneed said...

OH my. 25 years. I feel old now, thank you very much.

soldiersgirl said...

Aw, so fun seeing old friends! And this looks like way too much fun... love the photos!! I'm a new reader, nice to "meet" you!

Molly said...

Looks so fun. Getting out and doing things just like this are just some of the best parts of fall, aren't they? Your photographs are amazing.

Jen @ Grow with graces said...

I knew there was a Twins themed one somewhere and I couldn't find it when searching for a corn maze a couple of weeks ago. I wish I had seen this. That's what I get for being behind on my blog reading. ;)