Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tap. Tap. This thing on?

Yes, I'm still alive, and we are all well.  See?



I simply haven't shown up here since the last day of last year. I'm not sure what happened.

But I know this: The kitchen is staying cleaner than it's been in forever, the laundry is done, and my kids are enjoying their new math curriculum. Robb and I have made a new habit of putting the kids to bed, and taking the short walk to our favorite place on the farm, En Gedi. I suppose this is the biggest factor contributing to my silence. I've been talking to him instead of you!

Robb has been attending a mens group that has been watching Mark Driscoll's sermon series, The Peasant Princess. I watch it online, and when he gets home from his class, we discuss the material. The series has brought healing to us in areas we didn't know needed work and brought increased depth to our oneness. We highly recommend it. :)

Life is good. Really good. Don't get me wrong. It's hard too. Robb's been in class for his GRI these last two weeks and we are waiting on God's provision. We're fine for a bit. We know God provides. We also know God is rarely early, but never late. Still. That's not an easy place to live.

Still.

Life is really, really good.

I love my husband. (RDOL ~ random declaration of love. {Have you SEEN him lately?} Before and after weight loss post coming soon.)

So. Since I've not been here and you possibly wonder what we've been up to, just for fun (or not, if you've already seen these), I think I'll share some of my recent facebook status/stati/whatever.

We have a teeth brushing problem and a bad language problem in our house. Therefore, when bad words are spoken, the new punishment is brushing teeth. So there you have it.
Taking Mitchell to his first Bible quiz tournament at Crown College. Crazy, competitive, but best of all, God's Word is quoted all weekend.
Too bad Crown didn't have such a hip coffee shop when I went here! Enjoying it with my Mads now.
Mitchell's team did ok, yesterday was better. Boys are having fun. Their team name is "Here Comes Trouble." So true. :)
And.....our quiz team makes it to silver finals... tired mama. Long day. Happy boys. :)
Hubby so dedicated to diet, we r at restaurant, he orders a salad but runs next door to the grocery store to buy better dressing. What's funnier is he had fried ice cream for dessert. I guess he saved his fat grams for later?
Just finished my first batch of liquid laundry detergent. 2.5 gal.for about $1.00...now to use it!
Got a haircut. or a trim. or whatever. :) I'm soooo high maintenance*sarcasm*, July was my last haircut!
God still performs miracles. Today he raised a baby doll from the dead. After yrs of being mute, she now cries. Or maybe that wasn't God. A mute doll is a blessing.
Random fact: my husband spends more time on the phone talking to friends than I do.
Stagnation in spiritual life comes when we say we will bear the whole thing ourselves. We cannot. -Oswald Chambers
I have baby Jesus in my pocket.
God is good. I say so neither to convince myself or you, nor do I live in denial of any pain, but I choose to believe the truth that He is good, and therefore interpret all of life through that lens.
And on that positive note, I'm gonna go snuggle my skinny hubby and try to stay warm. It's FEEEEEZING tonight! (-10* of freezing.)

Sponsors/ Affiliates: Shop the DaySpring Online Store

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails