Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Double Chocolate Malt-O-Meal Cereal

I grew up eating Malt-O-Meal hot cereal for breakfast. The plain kind.

But mom let us add a predetermined amount of brown sugar. She made the Malt-O-Meal and the sugar was served on the side in a little Tupperware cup so we could add it as we pleased and eat the top layer, scraping off the sugar as we ate.We generally ran out of sugar before cereal, but if we were lucky, Mom would give us another scoop. I don't remember how often that actually happened.

I've recently discovered a new favorite: Chocolate Malt-O-Meal. With a generous tablespoon of chocolate chips stirred in. MMMmmm.

It tastes like molten chocolate heaven.

I promise.


Prepare Chocolate Malt-O-Meal as directed on box, (but I only sprinkle a smidge of sugar, and a dash of salt). Add chocolate chips.

This even works for me and my Flat Belly Diet because the chocolate chips are a MUFA (healthy fat) and the calorie count is low!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails