Friday, February 4, 2011

Vintage Valentine Wreath


Remember this? My fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants Christmas card wreath? By the end of the season, it was plumb full of cards. But with Valentine's Day approaching, and the rest of the kitchen decorated, it was beginning to feel a little out of place.

So I stripped it.


Poor bare wreath. Can't leave it that way, all sad with haphazard ribbon.
No, it won't do.

So I did what I always do. I searched the great and mighty Google.


And then I found a veritable treasure trove of Free Printable Valentines.
Cue in the sound of the printer. And paper cutter.





Not quite right.




There we go.

For now, this works for me and my kitchen wall. But I have a real hankerin' to hit up Walmart for a couple of canvases, get out my paint brushes, and make true my threat to forge a painting or two for myself.

You never know. It could happen.

Want to try it for a weekend project? Use a wire coat-hanger bent into a circle tied up with wired ribbon in the same way as I have done above. Then simply paper clip various shapes of valentines and paper doilies to your liking.

No comments: