Friday, March 18, 2011

FB Friday

Soooo, I've been MIA here, but you're getting used to that, right?

Here's a recap pf what I've been doing in my real life straight from Facebook:


Is afraid. I packed my retreat bag while on the phone.
A couple weekend ago, our church had a ladies retreat, so, not one to turn down a social event, I went. Thankfully I didn't forget anything important! It was great. Speaker great. Company super. Conversation meaningful. Food not so nice. I said some rather rude things about the grub. And then at the end of our time there I found out that the cook was brand new. Sigh. When will I ever learn to show a little compassion, grace? Even for bad camp cooks.

Best LRC retreat yet. Even with the individual cups of canned peaches.


Oh my goodness and praise Jesus! I think I finally fixed my computer! I played a video and did not get the blue screen of death! Yay! Yes, I fixed it. At least that problem, I did. Then my beloved machine began freezing every time I used MS Office. Tired of computer problems. One problem solved, another springs up. My eyes are crossing. Off to bed. Sigh.

Praying for a friend who's having kidney cancer surgery today. The report is that his lymph nodes were negative, and my friend's dad is doing great! A great answer to prayer!

Battle of wills with Madison over school today. I won. The end. Seriously, this girl is showing her baby of the family colors, and I need to gear up every morning and remind myself that sometimes family peace needs to be sacrificed temporarily for some character development. It's not pretty presently, but I trust it shall end beautifully.

Madison's sick, but she's quiet and sweet, so it's not all bad. Today, school shall be, in large part, documentaries. Again, not bad. This was a lovely break from the aforementioned debacle.

Irreducible complexity. What Mitchell learned in school today. The result of documentaries about the evidence that supports creation. Yes, there is evidence. But you can research that yourself.

Incubating yogurt tonight. Yes, I did. I still need to work on my methods, but hope to perfect my process. Yum. 21 comments on this status, so I have lots of advisers!

Sometimes you just have to make a spreadsheet of all the homeschool stuff you've done so far in the year. Yes, I do. And now I feel better, thank you for asking.


Was crabby til I talked to my sister. She's pregnant & has a 1 yr old. So my life's not so bad. :) What ensued was a conversation about my mother's bedrest when Sara and I were teens and whether or not we were helpful in any way to her. I stated that was when I learned to cook Sara maintains we were not good helpers. I insist that is only because she did not change any diapers. Love you sis. Even if I had to change all  our sisters' diapers (and by all I mean mostly all when we were babysitting)!

The other day we had a couple friends over and En-Gedi held only twins. We could interrupt, finish each others sentences and talk over each other and no one thought we were rude. :) 1.If I ever interrupt you, now you know why. 2.I don't understand singly born people. 3.Talking over each other is so much more effective. 4.More can be said in a shorter amount of time. 5.It's a really good thing I married a twin.


Huh. My husband just joined foursquare. That's the first social media site that he's joined before me. Way to be a leader, honey! Robb went to a social media class for Realtors and this is what happened. This could be dangerous.


Forcing myself to get on the elliptical. And I did. Am I skinny yet? Yes, yes. I am skinnyish already. But I don't want to be like that ad with the supermodel on the red carpet that dies of a heart attack, you know?

My baby of the family showing her true colors needs to be put to bed. Again.
So. I. Must. Go.
See that face? It speaks for itself.


Forget editing this post.
For the love of all children with good character!

Happy weekend!

No comments: