Saturday, December 17, 2011

While I'm waiting....I sew.

I just tried to tap out a catch-up piece about life and hope and waiting, but it would be way more fun to show you what I made this week!

Meet Michelle, a lookalike doll of my friend.


You see, her friend moved far away, and Michelle thought it would be funny to send her a doll of herself as a Christmas gift. You know, since she can't be with her friend, at least the doll can be!

Who doesn't want a doll of their best friend??

(*I sheepishly raise my hand*  ;) )

Either way, I cannot believe how much enjoyment I got making a doll modeled after an adult. It challenged my creativity and I came away with great ideas for my {So}Sartina doll line. It is true that necessity is the mother of invention!

And you know what? Creativity is also a great distraction while waiting. And waiting. And...

Well, you get the idea. :)

P.S. {So}Sartina now has a FB page! Comon' over and "like" us, if you please! 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails