Friday, February 17, 2012

Pinterest: Tried and Approved {1}

Have you joined the rest of the world on Pinterest yet? Or are you one that has been holding out, stubborn to join the hoards of obsessed idea shoppers?

Based on the new follower notifications in my inbox, people are still flocking to be counted among the Pinterest population. Whichever category you fall into, the actual amount of ideas, recipes, photos, and tips can be overwhelming. I am going to highlight a few things I've seen and tried and let you know how they turned out in real life. As I've found, just because a pretty picture shows up at the top of the Pinterest page, doesn't mean anyone has actually tried it yet!



1.  Banana, Peanut Butter, Cocoa "Ice Cream."


Yum! My kids declared I should make it every day! It's smooth and creamy, with strong banana flavor. I'm not fond of peanut butter, but this flavor is great! You don't have to feel guilty when indulging on this dessert!

2. Car Garbage


Please tell me your family vehicle needed this as much as mine. Ugh. I have a tendency to use the door pockets for my trash, but they are rather tricky to clean out. Wrappers and whatnot now have a better place to go, but I have found having this sit within arms reach of your 8 year old does not guarantee she won't still throw her sandwich crusts on the floor of the van, wait days for them to dry and then stomp them into a crumbly mess. This great idea only solved my half of the problem!

3. Flat Iron Ironing


I laughed when I saw this, because I've totally done this before! And here I thought I was so clever!

This "method" is especially useful when a slightly wrinkled shirt will be hidden under a sweater, but the hem still needs pressing. Hauling out the ironing board and fetching the iron from who-knows-where, (in my case the {So}Sartina studio) isn't necessary. I just whip out the flat iron, let it heat while I freshen my face, and apply the hot plates to my hem. Viola! What a sneaky trick!

4. Homemade Eye Makeup Remover


This one might have changed my life. Ok, so not really, but it has the potential to save me a bundle. I made up a small recipe of this, adding a little extra baby oil. I found it to be less effective on waterproof mascara than the Mary Kay brand, but at least as effective as the Physicians Formula brand. That's good enough for me! I reused my old Mary Kay bottle and almost don't even notice the difference!


What have you found on Pinterest and tried for yourself?

If you don't yet:

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails