Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Heart of Christmas

We started thinking Christmas thoughts a bit earlier this year, spending long hours mid-November at Crown decorating for the annual college Christmas dinner and concert.

Robb and I first met in Simpson auditorium wearing our concert best for Candlelight Carols. I showed him how to hold my violin. He held the bow to the strings and made an awful sound! Fifteen years later he coordinates all the elements that make this fabulous weekend happen.  I have had my part as well, enjoying the opportunity to be creative with a large venue. The concert is this weekend, and after a full two weeks of 10pm work nights, our decorating team is finishing up today!



Our days have been jam-packed, rushing through school work in the mornings, and either farming kids out to my mom or friends, or even bringing them with to Crown to hang out with college students or friends. It makes me all glad inside to see them running around the same halls as I did as a child when our church met in the college chapel. I now understand and feel for my parents when the time came to leave and we were nowhere to be found. It's a large facility and my kids don't have cell phones to track them down easily!

Even with all the crazy busy I did find time recently for a Christmas movie I would love to share with you. The Heart of Christmas piqued my curiosity when I saw that hilarious Anita Renfroe and talented Matthew West were among the cast. (I first saw Anita perform at family camp ten years ago and declared, "She needs to tour with Women of Faith!" I think I might have the gift of prophecy! Ha!) The movie is heart-breaking and heart-warming as you would expect for a story of a young boy with cancer. It is a lovely family movie and I happen to have one DVD to give away to a reader's family!


Please go watch the trailer and come back and leave a comment about your favorite Christmas decoration to enter the drawing for the DVD. Comments will be open through the first week of December and then I will randomly select a winner!

Happy December! (Just a couple days early!)

No comments: