Monday, December 2, 2013

Gifted Days

Gracious me.

A full year has alternately labored and flitted away, and here I finally sit again, with coffee mug in hand, at a different desk which sits in a completely different house than the last time I tapped keys and jotted lines for this space.

The house is quiet. The fridge softly hums. My kids are gone for the day and I have exactly one hour before another's children will enter my space.

My how life changes, meanders, turns, the unexpected waiting around the corners of life, gifts if we will see them as that.

The season of decorations and holiday music and advent readings is upon us, and my heart seeks a pause. I reflect on what could have filled the unwritten posts, the journey of the past year's days.

This year's simplified Christmas decor 

Days are gifts, not always the kind we want, but the kind we need, the kind that require pruning to make space for the new gift. This year was especially filled with that kind of gifted day, and though I still mourn the old at times, I am beginning to be more thankful for the simpler new.

James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above,b coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights,c who does not changed like shifting shadows.

I hope to share here a little more frequently than once a year ~ ha! ~ and fill in this year's story. Bear with me as I clear the cobwebs and extra stuff from my cerebrum with each blog post, just as my garage gradually empties one craigslist post at a time. ;)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails