Tuesday, December 10, 2013

On a Whim. Leather Inspiration for {So}Sartina on Etsy




A little more than three years ago, I turned my hobbies into a business and opened up an etsy shop. I figured if my husband could own his own business, so could I. Not that we are competitive by any means, but I wasn't gonna let him have all the fun! I would love to say that it was begun with research and web stats and current trends in mind, but this is mostly how things work with me:


 My creative projects are often born of the random availability of supplies and whim.

  Oh look! There on the rack! Pennies for leather. I wonder what I can make? Hmmmm. 

Digs out phone from purse, touches the screen for the Pinterest app and quickly types "Leather DIY." The screen fills with images.


Ohhhh, that's so cool. I can totally make that. It's a good thing I have an etsy shop, because I know what I'm going to be busy making the next few days. I wonder if there is more leather here on the rack....

Rummages quickly through two whole rows of jackets, blazers and suits.

Nice! Pink, red, brown, bone, cream, green. I wish there was teal here somewhere. Oh well, I think these will work. 


Yep, that's pretty much how my brain works! Creativity cannot be conjured. For me, at least, inspiration comes unexpectedly and rarely on time. (BEFORE cyber Monday {the internet version of Black Friday} would have been nice.) But came it did in the form of a trip to Goodwill, and that's all it took for me to design a whole new line of jewelry, and the inspiration to redesign my business card and header.

I am slowly filling my shop with new things, so go check it out! Even if the black and cyber days have passed, there is still time to order for Christmas!

While you check it out, I'm off to battle snow caked roads for my weekly trek to tag sale Tuesday. Let's hope I find more leather!

No comments: