Monday, December 30, 2013

{So}Sartina Peppermint Lip Bliss Balm and my as-good-as Burt's BeesRecipe


True confession time: I have an addiction to Burt's Bees lip balm. Who doesn't, right? It's minty goodness soothes the chappest of dry Minnesota lips. And dry Minnesota lips are, unfortunately, easy to come by around here.

Last year I ran across a recipe for a Burt's Bees copycat lip balm on Pinterest, and I was soon ordering lip balm tubes on Amazon and gathering the ingredients to make my own lip bliss. That first recipe was ok, but it disappointed in texture and stay-ability. Other recipes included many more ingredients which was not cost effective to me. I wanted a simple, natural recipe.

After a little playing around with ingredients and amounts, I am finally satisfied! My {So}Peppermint Lip Bliss Balm (available for sale in my Etsy shop) has the perfect amount of spicy, tingly mint and great weather protection stay-ability.

{So}Sartina Peppermint Lip Bliss Balm and my as-good-as Burt's Bees Recipe:

2 oz. beeswax
3 oz. coconut oil
1 Tbsp. pure lanolin
1 tsp. vitamin E oil
25-35 drops of peppermint oil
25 empty lip balm tubes

  1. Melt beeswax in saucepan on low.
  2. Add coconut oil, lanolin, vitamin E oil and melt.
  3. Add peppermint. 
  4. Carefully fill tubes. Reheat as necessary to keep mixture liquid.
  5. Cool.
  6. Cap.
  7. Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails