Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Fabric Twine Bracelets : using fabric scraps


If you know me at all, you know I have one hoarding weakness: creative supplies, especially fabric. With two moves in the last two years, I have managed to hone the collection down a bit, but I struggle to do so, as I know - eventually - I will use every last little bit... of everything!

I make aprons out of men's shirts, card pouches out of their leftover cuffs, and most of the shirt gets used for the apron and ruffle and ties, but I have an entire box of sleeves and leftover shirt parts. Why do I save them?? 

Because, this: I knew an idea would come to me one way or another! 

My aunt sent me a link to this simple project a day or so ago, and evidentally I needed a new idea to go crazy with because I did with this one! Megan even joined me in the strip ripping, finger cramping fun! 


While Megan used fun bright colors, I made a grown-up version with silk scraps,



and added chain and a charm to another.


The possibilities are endless! 

But that's a great thing, because so is my fabric collection! 

Here's the how-to:





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails