Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Spirit

Ladies of different denominations, but the same Lord, gathered to listen and learn, sing and worship. The topic was Tending to the Presence of the Lord.

The speakers shared. The women responded.

And I listened and prayed and observed.

Later, I processed.

What does the presence of the Spirit look like, in me, in them? Is He different? Do they have something extra that I don't? Am I missing something?

As always, I turn to Scripture, this day to verses on gifts and fruit. (1 Corinthians 12-14, Galatians 5)

Plum blossoms saturate our farmyard with their heavy fragrance, a promise of fruit.
 
Then, I see my own history with new eyes. The ways He works in me are no less miraculous: supernatural forgiveness offered when deeply hurt, lessons learned and shared in regular conversations with friends, words spoken and written that unknowingly encourage. These are evidences of His Spirit in me.

The vocabulary may be different, and the expressions of worship may vary, but the Spirit is the same. 
(1 Corinthians 12:4)

I resolve to strain my ear for His whisper, and remain vigilant for evidences of His activity.

He is personal. He is powerful. He is alive and at work in my life. And I realize that when I pursue Him with all my heart, I will miss nothing He desires for me.

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13


holy experience

*****






 
Ooops, the last weekend of the month just passed me by! I was so busy, I didn't even notice and forgot to post and host  
Filed Under Grace: Documenting Answered Prayer! 
 
Forgive me? 
Let's share our gifts of grace this weekend, OK?
And next month, I'll try to do a bit better!