Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Goodness Gracious Green


While I edit photos of our romantic getaway to Duluth, and attempt to put a few thoughtful sentences together, consider this green harvest. Instead of doing laundry and putting away suitcases, I've been slaving in the kitchen and pondering my abundance of zucchini.

Explain to me why I planted three hills? I do know better. I also know better than to turn my back on them for four days or my reward will be monster squash. And my freezer has no room for monsters. Even the green variety.

So, I dusted off my problem solving skills and began chopping and dehydrating zucchini. For soup. Because I dislike slimy, mushy, frozen-and-then-defrosted zukes. And you know what? It worked! I re-hydrated the dehydrated chunks in a zesty chicken tortilla soup, annnnnd: success! No more mushy slimy soup zucchini.

My zucchini is saved and so is my freezer!

Next up: Pepper jelly.

Taking liberty with the theme and unwrapping the gift of good ideas. :) For Tuesdays Unwrapped.

And I'm also linking this post to DIY Day with Kimba at A Soft Place to Land, because I just can't help but share that fabulous idea. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails